Covid-19: Health & Safetly
The coronavirus (COVID- 19) has been consuming a lot of our attention lately. We pray for all those impacted across the world and continue to closely monitor conditions in our community. Although currently the risk of catching this virus in our community is still very low, Russo’s has instituted additional procedures to protect our employees, customers and guests:
- Department heads and chefs are attending a Serve Safe local training today (March 11th) that will cover the response to the coronavirus as a food and beverage provider. Any recommended practices provided at this training that are not already in place will be implemented.
- Internal audit has confirmed that employees have not traveled to elevated risk locations.
- Employees and staff are required to stay home if they have respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) and / or a temperature above 100.4 F.
- Employees are required to leave work immediately if they develop these symptoms while at the workplace, and contact their healthcare provider to assess whether a coronavirus test should be done
- Everyone must shield coughs and sneezes very carefully with a tissue, elbow, shoulder or directed inside of clothing, and never using the bare hands. Disposal of used tissue should be done immediately, and then thoroughly wash hands (see below).
- All employees and staff are instructed to wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, using paper towels or a drying machine to thoroughly dry hands. This is to be done minimally following use of restroom, after shielding a cough or sneeze, before handling food or beverage, and after return outside of the workplace. If soap and water are not immediately available, use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, vigorously rubbing in a quarter sized amount for 20 seconds, is required.
- All employees, staff and guests have ready access to washing facilities that are kept well stocked with soap and paper towels at our facilities.
- Sanitizing wipes are available in our workplace and satellite locations.
- Routine cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces in our facilities and offices (door knobs and push plates, countertops, desktops, computer keyboard, telephone handsets and other work surfaces) will be done using approved disinfectant cleaners every day, and depending on use, several times throughout the day. Access to cleaning supplies are available in all locations.
- Food safety practices continue as always, requiring freshly washed hands with gloves changed as needed, to handle any food or beverage product in all production and packaging areas
- Telephone and text lists for all staff are maintained to allow immediate contact if any situation requires their attention