Using Sustainable Resources Lessens Adverse Environmental Effects
Russo’s Catering has made significant progress towards becoming a sustainable catering operation. Our passion for the environment and high quality ingredients has led us to the following sustainable catering solutions…
In order to better serve our customers, Russo’s Gourmet Express offers delivery of order confirmations and invoices via email. Traditional, paper-based delivery is available upon request.
Innovative Kitchen Technologies Closed Loop Oil System
The RTI closed-loop oil management system allows restaurants to replenish, filter and dispose of cooking oil by providing an environmentally sound approach to distribution.
Eco-Forward Paper Products
- Plates – Made from 100% recyclable molded fiber materials
- Cups – Made from 90% renewable resources
- Box Lunch Containers – Made from recycled paperboard
- Napkins – Chlorine free 100% recycled content
- Fork, Knife & Spoon – Made from 100% recyclable sugar cane product
- Natural kraft paper stock
- Chlorine-free pulp
- Soy-blended wax products
- Reduced carbon footprint
Operation Food Search – operationfoodsearch.org
We make every effort to use locally grown produce and organic products.
St. Louis Green Business Challenge
In addition, Russo’s Catering is an active member in the St. Louis Green Business Challenge. This program was founded by the St. Louis Regional Chamber to assist companies like ours in adopting sustainable business practice. Some of Russo’s recent achievements in the Green Business Challenge are the following:
- Created a company Green Team establishing the goal of Environmental Sustainability for Russo Catering
- 50 % Reduction of paper usage in office by double sided printing and creating small booklets for weekly production meetings
- Replacement of incandescent lighting throughout Russo’s Commissary / Cafe with LED and T-5 fluorescent lighting
- Implementation of Recycling bins throughout office and kitchen areas
- Instituted a policy to remove all Styrofoam from Russo’s Cafe and Spazio Bistro
- Commitment to purchasing and using green products for Russo’s Gourmet Express and Russo’s Trucktoria
- Installation of 25 Kilowatt Solar Panel system at Russo’s Commissary / Cafe
- Commitment to the use of environmentally friendly Biological products throughout Russo’s / Spazio’s kitchens and restrooms
Together we will make a difference!